Volunteer with the Irish Red Cross
There are many reasons to get involved with us. The Irish Red Cross provides Voluntary Ambulance Services in Ireland. Our work includes providing medical cover at sporting & entertainment events, transporting patients to & from hospital, providing Therapeutic Hand Care for local people and training members of the public in first aid.
- Training - Know what to do in a medical emergency
- Qualifications for your CV – First Aid & Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Training
- Gain Experience - you can do numerous first aid courses but it's real life experience which truly trains you how to deal with any emergency situation.
- Social – meet new people
Who do we want?
We are always looking for new people to join no matter what level you are; from a complete beginner or even fully qualified Paramedics. The Irish Red Cross provides a way for you to put the theory and skills that you already have into practice. Some information about what the Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown Red Cross offers
- All training is free - In return our members volunteer their time to provide first aid cover at different events throughout the year
- €10 annual membership fee this includes courses, Equipment and Uniform required for attending events
- Training once a week for 1.5hrs – come as often as you can
- First Aid Cover at Events – few hours on different weekends throughout the year – volunteer when you're free to gain valuable hands-on experience.
- Higher qualifications - EFR & EMT (require more time commitment)
- Over 25's may be eligible to drive vehicles in our Ambulance fleet
Levels of Training
We have many different levels and quilifications that all our members are eligible to complete, from basic first aid right up to nationally recognised quilifications.
- Practical First Aid – Basic First Aid and CPR Course
- Cardiac First Responder (CFR) – CPR & Defibrillator training course
- Occupational First Aid (OFA) – FETAC Level 5 Course – fulfils health and safety requirements for first aid at work
- Emergency First Responder (EFR) – Pre-Hospital Emergency Care Responder qualification
- Emergency Medical Technician (NQEMT) – Professional Qualification in Pre-Hospital